COOKING FOR HEALTH
WHOLE FOODS, HEALTHY FATS, PROTEINS and FERMENTS
- Anchor your kitchen with the whole foods, healthy fats and proteins that provide the foundation for solid gut health and mental well being.
- Learn how to lower blood glucose levels in your diet and reduce the chance of chronic illness.
- Empower those in your kitchen with the knowledge to make the best food choices, FAST and SMART, EVERY DAY.
- Embrace food as the single best source to protect you, your family and your communities health.
- Leave with the mindset, skills and support you need to make change.
Don’t miss this chance to reset your relationship with food. Join nutrition leader, Hilary Boynton (author of ‘The Heal Your Gut Cookbook’) and her team in learning to make delicious ancestral and whole-foods based meals.
This course is perfect for home cooks, professional chefs, house staff and those with a passion to change unhealthy food systems.
Purchase 1 of 14 spots available for our 8/4 – 8/9 intensive workshop.
Here’s what’s included:
- Classes held at a spectacular private property in Topanga, CA.
- All meals: 8/4 Dinner – 8/10 Breakfast (17 meals).
- 5 days of hands on, high level courses (8/5 -8/9).
- Direct access to program creator and leader, Hilary Boynton and staff.
- Shuttles to/from all training sessions in Malibu & Santa Monica.
- Receive a local, regional and national resource playbook.
- Attend high impact sourcing lessons from the Santa Monica Farmers Market (rated ‘Best in US’).
- One of a kind, luxury Malibu location for cooking classes Plumcot Farm.
Maximum 14 spaces available.
Our Intensive is anchored in the rustic hills of Topanga, CA. This serene private property will function as your home base for meals, classes space and amenities. The incredibly scenic location and quiet atmosphere will allow you to escape and unwind at any time you’re not engaged in classes.
Our second location is Plumcot Farm, a unique California Certified Organic Farm (CCOF) in the heart of Malibu that offers a large contemporary kitchen, perfectly suited for our teaching needs. Recipes will source from Plumcot’s summer harvest. Our meals have deep ties with local farms. Plumcot is an exceptional property with a mission to support local food artisans and learning programs. There is no better way than to combine the kitchen and the farm for these sessions.
Lunch Leader Instructor Brando Farr in the Plumcot Farm Kitchen.
Hilary Boynton with national partner, Primal Kitchen’s Annie Martin.
Fermenting Partner Chele Eades of Wildly Fermented, in the Plumcot Kitchen.
Plumcot Farm Teaching Kitchen.
Our 5-Day Intensive will take you through the core tenants of ancestral and whole-food based menus, as well as the mindset tools that we have rolled out and refined over the past 18 months.
Sunday(8/4) 3:00 pm check-in. We will break the ice with a reception, dinner and introductions all around.
Monday(8/4)We cover Philosophy and concepts that set this program apart, while launching several multi-day food preparation projects.
- Seeds and nuts
- Healthy snacks
- Fats important role in health
- Grains: It’s potential and it’s problems
Tuesday(8/5) we head to Malibu. After a tour of Plumcot Farm and collecting the early August harvest, we spend the majority of the day in the kitchen.
- Proteins: Bacon and Eggs
- Farm Tour
- Proteins: Only eat the best – but know the worst
- Proteins: Broths
- Menus: Making it easy
Wednesday(8/6) Take a deep dive into farmer’s markets and farmer relations. We spend several hours at the Santa Monica Farmers Market, understanding the crucial dynamics at play for farmers and customers. This will change your mindset around sourcing locally and regionally.
- Market planning session:Get ready
- Santa Monica Farmers Market
- Lunch at Belcampo restaurant
- Belcampo Butcher shop roundtable
- Co-ops for better deals: visit to Co-opportunity Market
Thursday(8/7) We’re back in Malibu preparing a full scale lunch from our recipe book. You will all work together to turn out a snack and lunch according to our rigorous guidelines. But never fear – this is the fun part! All leftover portions will be contributed to a local non-profit and provide a much needed meal to the community.
- Prepare Lunch
- Serve Lunch: Layout, color, food combining and portions
- Donation service
- Dairy Discussion
- Fermenting partners/Local and regional
Friday(8/8) Spend the day meeting with national and regional brands that have proven themselves crucial to sustaining your good habits.
- Primal Kitchen/The Condiment Crusade
- Organic Pastures/Organic and raw dairy across the country
- Niman Ranch/Small farmers band together
- Redmonds Real Salt/Stay into of the micronutrients
- Bulletproof/MCT oils and Ketones
We also bring concrete evidence to the health benefits associated with our program. We will discuss the changes on the horizon that support your decision to make these habit changes in your kitchen.
- DEXCOM: Blood Glucose monitors. Feedback that changes you for good
- Clovis Culture: Food and your personal health journey
And on Friday night – we celebrate !
The serene private property in Topanga where we gather.
This 5-Day Intensive is designed to help you take action in a world that tells you you’re powerless. It’s not true! Move the needle towards a better world for you, your children, your home, your school or your business. The change comes from you, and we are here to support you on this path.
Please join us by attending this 5-Day Intensive.
Questions ? Email firstname.lastname@example.org